Thursday, March 6, 2008

It's Not about Tidying Up, it's About Organizing!

Organizer's don't "tidy" up...we are not a cleaning service, all due respect to a very honorable profession, but that's not we do. We teach people who have either forgotten in their hectic crazy lives how to maintain some order in their lives, or they have never had it (any order that is). When I work with someone either in their office or home, I know the piles of paper on the dining room table most times means that the home office is in the same condition or worse. Or there is no home office.

If it's a place of business, I invariably find 4 foot piles along the perimeter of the office, with empty credenza's and cabinets.... I look not so much at the symptoms, but finding a cure for the disease. Most people know exactly what they need to do, they just need another adult, ie me, to remind them.

No comments: